The Listening Experience Database are organising a workshop on Social Media Analysis on 11 December (11.30-15.30) at The Open University, Milton Keynes, KMi Podium, Berrill Building 4th Floor.
The workshop will include presentations on social media mining, social network analysis, data mining and topic and sentiment analysis, as well as their applications to the LED project.
Please register by 27 November by emailing Helen Barlow (firstname.lastname@example.org), including any dietary or other requirements.
The Open University, Milton Keynes
KMi Podium, Berrill Building 4th Floor
11 December 2017
11:30 – Tea & coffee
12:00 – Introduction
- Day’s goals, key questions
- Introduction to LED
12:10 – Case studies in Social network and topic/sentiment analysis
- Harith Alani, The Open University, KMi, ‘Social media mining’ (20 mins)
- Jesus Rodriguez Perez, The University of Glasgow, ‘Social network analysis’ (15 mins)
- Mike Pidd, The University of Sheffield, ‘Social media data mining’ (15 mins)
- Luca Guariento, The University of Glasgow, ‘Topic and sentiment analysis’ (15 mins)
13:15 – Lunch
13:45 – Discussion (lunch continues)
- Applications of social media data mining to LED
- Further applications and development of topic/sentiment analysis
- Further developments of current dataset
15:30 – Close